Tuesday, July 15, 2014

T[oats]


So I seriously got rained on while I was riding to work. I suppose if I want to look at the positive.. my commute really woke me up this morning. I don't mind a little sprinkle in my face, I actually love the rain.. I enjoy it more from the comfort of my couch under a blanket, eating oatmeal.. but oh well. The weather inspired me to pull my three favorite oatmeal recipes. 


1) Oatmeal with cranberries, cherries and pistachios
2) Oatmeal with bananas, pecans, molasses and almond butter.
3) Savory- Oatmeal with a fried egg, fresh salsa and extra avocado. 



Oatmeal is a great healthy choice for a number of reasons. My favorite is that it is a low calorie food and still fills you up. It is full of fiber and protein but low in fat. The high fiber and complex carbohydrates slow down the conversion of this whole food to simple sugars. The high levels of magnesium nourish the body’s proper use of glucose and insulin secretion.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...